...And 16 Pieces of Climbing Wisdom
Updated: Jul 5
I turned 42 on June 16. WTH 42; the answer to everything, Douglas Adams said.
I don't know why I feel compelled to mark this birthday with this, on here. I'm too tired to consider why so see below, a laundry list of hard-won lessons learned through the years.
1. Not everything is about you.
2. It's important to know your worth, yes, but it's also important to know your place, too.
3. It's okay to change (and to change your mind)
4. Know your values.
5. There will come a time when you'll have to stop chasing.
6. Hindi mo kailangan sagarin.
7. Consider thinking of life in seasons/chapters. It's a very forgiving and a very compassionate way of living.
8. There are also various ways of thinking about days or weeks, or of places or people.
9. Give things time.
10. Please rest. Rest is important. There are various ways to do that.
11 'It's good to have fun but you gotta know how'
12. You'd be surprised.
13. Don't wish yourself away.
14. Not everybody is your friend.
15. And then below, a bunch of climbing wisdom I find applicable in life:
Iba ang mahirap sa problema.
Rest often. Shake it off.
Everything becomes difficult when you are tired.
It’s harder to recover when you are tired.
Kung kaya mo pa magreklamo, kaya mo pa umakyat.
Minsan, hindi naman mahirap. Tinatamad ka lang.
Minsan wala ka rin lang talaga sa tono.
There are days that are not yours to win.
Don’t panic. Reach!
Don’t hesitate. Reach!
It’s supposed to be fun.
Hanap ng maganda bato, tapos pahinga muna.
It’s nice to have someone believe in you.